Your Justice Is Our Priority
The purpose of homeowners’ insurance to help protect a person’s investment in their home. While the exact coverage varies between policies, homeowners’ policies often provide coverage for things like fire, floods, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. While the 2021 FEMA Hurricane Ida Home Damage Assessment has not yet been completed, the assessment will probably show more extensive damage than for Hurricane Laura – 58,000 homes suffered minor damage, 38,000 moderate, 35,000 severe and 10,000 home were totally destroyed. For people who own residences in Southeast Louisiana Hurricane impacted areas like LaPlace, Luling, Destrehan, Houma, Thibodaux, Raceland, New Orleans, Kenner, Metairie, Marrero, Slidell, Hammond, Belle Chasse & Baton Rouge, homeowners’ insurance plays a vital role,
For people who own residences in Southeast Louisiana, and particularly anyone who was impacted by Hurricane Ida and other natural disasters, homeowners’ claims play a vital role.
The Types of Homeowners’ Insurance Claims
- Basic. This coverage provides compensation for a person’s residence as well as personal property inside the home. Coverage often includes things like fire, lightning, windstorms, and vandalism.
- Broad. Besides providing the coverage available in a basic policy, broad insurance coverage also protects against things like falling objects, bursting pipes, and accidental discharge of steam or water systems.
- Special. Policyholders who obtain this type of coverage are protected against even more dangers with the exception of events like earthquakes. Additionally, this coverage encompasses the types of protection available in broad coverage.
- Tenant. This coverage only applies to personal property.
- Comprehensive. This type of coverage provides protection for dwelling and personal property damage involving most dangers.
- Special condominium form. This coverage provides protection for the owners of condo units.
- Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance Corporation. Coverage through the insurance carrier, Louisiana Citizens, is available to individuals who are unable to purchase insurance the marketplace as the result of the risky nature of their property.
- Valuable items coverage. Many insurance policies place limits on the amount that will be paid for valuable items. This additional coverage helps to make sure that your assets are protected.